Happy New Year! I wish I could virtually champagne toast all of you to a happy, healthy 2016! This year is especially exciting for me because I turned 25 on January 4th. While most people cringe at the thought of aging, I’m excited to see what’s in store as I start 2016 a little bit older, wiser and more driven. Check out my top 5 resolutions below!
- Sweat More, Stress Less – Ever since joining ClassPass, I’ve been consistently working out (about 3-4 days a week), but my goal for 2016 is to really challenge myself with different types of high-intensity classes like TRX, Cycling or even dancing to help alleviate stress.
- Stay Consistent – I’m saying goodbye to yo-yo dieting or wavering on important decisions this year. It’s true when they say consistency is key.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate – This may sound simple, but my goal is to start my day with a big glass of water and continue throughout. Consuming tons of water has great health benefits and even helps with your nails, skin & hair.
- Be Present – Yes, this means I’m going to be putting my phone away when I’m at dinner or during conversations with friends. It’s important to be in tune with the people around you.
- Do Small Acts of Kindness – In 2015 I learned the importance of small acts of kindness and in 2016, I want to apply this to my life. Something as small as a “happy birthday” text or handwritten “thank you” note can go a long way.
What are your resolutions?