You don’t need to purchase a pricey plane ticket or reserve a room in a 5-star hotel to feel like you’re on vacation. In fact, you can stay put in your city of choice and still have what feels like a long getaway.
Recently, my friends and I did just that. We planted our roots at my friend’s parent’s apartment here in NYC for a two-night stay away. It was the perfect setting to make us feel like we were somewhere different vs. in one of our own familiar apartments.
We stocked up on rosé, played our favorite summer tunes, whipped out the board game ‘Headbandz’ and had some quality girl time. Below, find my tips for mastering the best staycation yet.
- All About the Activities – What do you enjoy doing with your friends? Binge watching friends, laying out in the sun working on your tan, playing board games? Whatever it may be, find it and make sure you make the time for it.
- Yes Way, Rosé – Our drink of choice was rosé (we sipped on Summer in a Bottle Rosé 2015 & Miraval Rosé 2014), but choose your poison and stock up. It’s not a girl’s trip without a few cheesy toasts and endless laughs.
- Build the Perfect Playlist – This is a must have! Music sets the tone for the day/night, so choose wisely when building out your perfect playlist. Our staycation theme song was ‘Capsize’ by FRENSHIP.
- Less is MORE – Seriously! Don’t over-pack and don’t overthink. Wear what you’re comfortable in and leave your anxiety triggers at the door. This weekend is all about relaxing!
- Capture Each Moment – As much as I’d love to tell you to “unplug” 24/7, you should still make time to capture each moment. These are the memories you’ll be able to look back on years down the road.