When it comes to beauty routines, I tend to be skeptical of using too many products with the fear that they will make my skin worse, not better. That’s why I generally use products with no scent and few ingredients. The more gentle, the better. For the last 3 weeks I’ve been using Simone France Classic French skincare products and have to say, I’m the biggest fan, so I want to share my success story with you guys!
Like me, the brand believes that fewer ingredients is better, so they keep their products simple with high quality ingredients and focus on the routine (which is my favorite part). I’ve been following a step-by-step 60 sec. daily routine in the morning, with another 60 sec. routine at night that is unlike anything I’ve ever done before. The routine uses a few different products (like mild soap, a toner, a refining scrub and moisturizer) and Simon France Signature Clothes. At first the routine scared me a bit, since I tend to be a soap and water type of girl, but now I’m breezing through it and love the results. I have to say, it’s the most effective routine I’ve used to date!
The products have really helped transform my dry skin into a glowing and balanced complexion. Take the 5 minute quiz to see what items in the line work for your skin-type! PS. use the coupon code BEAUTIFULSKIN to receive 20% off for any order made via Simone France website (including already discounted packages)! Any questions? Sound off below!
It’s heating up outside, which means its time to swap your winter sweater dresses for summery threads. Personally, I’ve always found it challenging to dress for work in the summer since most dresses tend to be strappy or too revealing for the workplace. Of course, It’s important to stay cool, but you don’t want to run the risk of looking inappropriate in the workplace.
Below, find my rule of thumb for dressing for work and staying prepared during the summer months:
- If you could wear it to the beach, you shouldn’t wear it to the office
- Do you have a favorite open-back sundress? Throw a blazer or cardigan over it to hide the revealing parts during work hours
- Stick to loose, tunic-like dresses to keep things “easy breezy”
- Swap your flipflops for flats
- Do the “Raise Your Arms” test. If you throw your hands over your head and your butt pops out the bottom, it’s too short
- If you bend over and your butt pops out, it’s still too short
- Denim coats are your best friend this summer – layer them over anything strappy to make it appropriate
- City hack – wear compression shorts under your dress on windy days and avoid walking over subway vents unless you want to flash random pedestrians (I’m not kidding, this happens)
- Always carry blister cushions in your purse for when you’re breaking in new shoes (I’m obsessed with Compeed Blister Cushions)
- Invest in a great strapless bra – you don’t want straps hanging out
Now that we’ve covered the bases, shop some of my work-appropriate picks and must-haves below!
When I’m buying something, I want to make sure that I’m not going to see it cheaper somewhere else a week later, so I really dig around online or in the stores until I find exactly what I’m looking for.
I stumbled into New York & Company on my way home from work one day and found these 4″ Nude Caged in Heels. I’ve been seeing this style all over (literally, every brand makes a look-a-like version, with Schutz being the originator).
I snagged them for $40, which is the lowest price I’ve seen. The nude is sold out online, but check out the other fun colors like cobalt blue, pink and black. Below, I’ve also linked to some other great and affordable versions of these heels. Happy shopping!
Want to see more “Look for Less” posts? Let me know in the comments below!
When you look at this outfit, there’s a lot that you can choose to focus on. Take my oversized denim jacket for example or even my mirrored silver shades. Yet, one small accessory seems to have everyone talking – my choker.
Coworkers stop to ask me if they’re back “in,” while men make typical statements about the 90s. Let’s face it, not all trends are for everyone, but it looks like the choker craze is here to stay for the summer. Personally, I can’t get enough of it! Yay or nay? Tell me your thoughts down below in the comments.
PS: You can get these glasses at Dior for about $500, but I got mine off Amazon.com for around $20. You can get them at this link. For all of my other outfit details – be sure to shop the post below, where I linked to similar items!