The weekend is upon us! Whether attending a birthday party at a swanky bar, visiting an art exhibit or grabbing brunch with your bff, look your best on a budget with these makeup must haves all under $10!!!
The Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow Pallete with Built-in Primer ($9) is perfect for any day of the week. Use the lighter shades for a daytime look, while adding the darker hues into your crease to create the perfect smokey eye later in the day. Since no eye-shadow look is complete without eyeliner, line your lids with the E.L.F. Expert Liquid Liner ($2). During the day, create a thin line around your lash line for a natural look. At night, extend the line to create the perfect dramatic cat eye.
Choose a lipstick and liner that can be worn in any setting to avoid spending money on multiple lip looks. I love to go for a pinkish-nude hue that lends itself to a night out or day in the park. A favorite of mine is the NYX Butter Gloss ($5), which stays on long and has a buttery, smooth feel. Line your lips with the NYX Slide On Lip Pencil ($8) and your look is complete!
Partied a bit too hard last night or just struggling with dark circles? The fix? Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer ($9), which instantly creates a radiant, refreshed looking eye area. Next, brighten up your complexion with NYX Illuminator ($9) – the radiant shimmer of this illuminator diffuses light so your skin looks vibrant and refreshed while adding a subtle glow.
[Photo cred: Soletopia]
Nothing says #TBT like adidas Originals Superstar Sneakers. I’ve been a fan of the brand forever and can even remember rocking my first pair of magenta patent-leather kicks back in 1994 (my sister obviously had a matching pair, too).
Now, I style these classics with everything from high-end to sporty-chic items like black jeans, tracksuits or a leather bomber coat. I’m so obsessed that my inner 90’s kid is literally freaking out!
Givenchy Antigona Mini Leather Satchel, $1,750
Hershel Supply Co. Novel Weekender in Camo, $80
The harsh conditions of the winter tend to leave lips chapped, making it tough to master a smooth lipstick look. The solution? Rid your lips of dead and dry skin with an exfoliating scrub. Instead of purchasing a pricey one, dabble in a little DIY and make one yourself with this easy, all-natural, homemade sugar exfoliating lip scrub.
You will need:
- 1 tbsp brown or white sugar (I used brown sugar)
- Enough honey/olive oil or coconut oil to make the sugar stick together (I used honey)
- 1 small container
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl, adding honey/olive oil/coconut oil as needed
- With fingertips, rub the mixture onto your lips in a circular motion, loosening the dead skin and let sit for 30 seconds
- Using a damp washcloth, wipe off the mixture and apply chapstick of choice
- Wait 5 minutes and apply your favorite lip liner and lipstick look
For this look I used:
- Tom Ford Lipstick in Nude Vanille
- NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee-Natural
- Mac Lip Liner in Chicory
Today I’m sharing a look at what I keep inside my gym bag. From the basics like headphones and a water bottle to my secret weapons like Compeed Blister Cushions and Snap Perfume – a portable, light-weight, compact size fragrance (perfect for freshening up after a workout).
Whether you’re hopping into a last minute fitness class or grabbing an impromptu meal with friends afterwards, being prepared is essential. For this reason, my gym bag doubles as a mini closet (I’m kidding! but am I…?), so whatever the occasion, I’m always prepared. Take a look at some of my must have gym bag items below.
BeoPlay H6 Headphones ($399.00) – I love to drown out any background noise or clutter when I’m on the treadmill and these headphones are perfect for just that. They have a forceful, authentic and clean sound with comfortable ear cushions.
FitBit Charge ($129.95) – Get the most out of your workout by wearing a fitness tracker. Not only will you track your activity, but you’ll know what time it is and if any incoming calls are coming your way.
Lululemon Headband ($14.00) – Keep your flyaways or bangs off your face with a comfortable workout headband. Perfect for people with shorter hair!
Snap Perfume ($14.99) – Running to meet friends after the gym? Keep this portable, light-weight fragrance on hand for freshening up on the go.
Compeed Blister Cushions ($7.99) – Are your sneakers or spin shoes rubbing you the wrong way? Never deal with painful, unwanted blisters again by keeping this hidden gem in your bag.
Asics Running Sneakers ($139.99) – I love the support Asics give me during a workout. Be sure to pick a sneaker that is sturdy and provides support.
Water Bottle – Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
What do you keep in your gym bag?
Know the way to your loved one’s heart this Valentine’s Day – through their stomach. Nothing says I love you more than breakfast in bed. Follow the below step-by-step instructions to recreate this egg-cellent breakfast that will make hearts explode.
1. Lightly toast a piece of bread
2. Remove from the toaster, let cool, and cut a heart-shaped hole through the center with a sharp knife
3. Carefully remove the heart-shaped piece of bread from the middle without loosing the shape
4. Grease a skillet and lay the piece of toast in the center, letting the pan get hot
5. Carefully crack an egg without breaking the yolk into the center of the piece of bread
6. Cook on medium-low heat, covering occasionally to let the white of the egg cook through until done
7. Remove carefully with a spatula, plate, sprinkle chili flakes to taste and serve!