When it comes to beauty routines, I tend to be skeptical of using too many products with the fear that they will make my skin worse, not better. That’s why I generally use products with no scent and few ingredients. The more gentle, the better. For the last 3 weeks I’ve been using Simone France Classic French skincare products and have to say, I’m the biggest fan, so I want to share my success story with you guys!
Like me, the brand believes that fewer ingredients is better, so they keep their products simple with high quality ingredients and focus on the routine (which is my favorite part). I’ve been following a step-by-step 60 sec. daily routine in the morning, with another 60 sec. routine at night that is unlike anything I’ve ever done before. The routine uses a few different products (like mild soap, a toner, a refining scrub and moisturizer) and Simon France Signature Clothes. At first the routine scared me a bit, since I tend to be a soap and water type of girl, but now I’m breezing through it and love the results. I have to say, it’s the most effective routine I’ve used to date!
The products have really helped transform my dry skin into a glowing and balanced complexion. Take the 5 minute quiz to see what items in the line work for your skin-type! PS. use the coupon code BEAUTIFULSKIN to receive 20% off for any order made via Simone France website (including already discounted packages)! Any questions? Sound off below!
Lately I’ve been working with so many great, new brands and have been listing tons of discount codes via my Instagram, but wanted to put all the information in one place so you guys can enjoy awesome discounted products/services. Low and behold, my deals & steals! ENJOY!
About: Say goodbye to bad hair days! Vive is a new way to book and save on last minute blowouts at pre-vetted salons in your city. All you do is input your information, when you’d like your appointment and let Vive handle the details. They work directly with pre-vetted salons to get you a blowout at a nearby salon. I’ve gone the past two Friday’s in a row and am obsessed!
Discount Code: Use my referral code: https://www.vive.co/referrals/publyssity
About: For as low at $24/month Ditto allows you to get endless designer eyewear. How does it work? Select your favorite pair (from iconic brands to cult collections), keep them as long as you want and swamp them anytime. If you love them, you can keep them (members receive 15% off the purchase of their glasses).
Discount Code: Use code “PUBLYSSITY” for your first month free
About: A Daniel Wellington watch is stylish, elegant and can be worn by men and women, no matter what the occasion or the dress code. I recently got the DW Dapper Sheffield 34mm and LOVE it!
Discount Code: Get 15% off your order when you use code “PUBLYSSITY” on danielwellington.com
Hope you enjoy!
[Photo Credit: Zack Perl, The Bacyard Studio]
Like anything else, my makeup routine changes from year to year and season to season, but lately there have been a few tricks up my sleeve that I’m not yet ready to part with. As we enter summer, I’ve been really into pink and nude hues, as well as highlighters and shimmer. I’m all about creating a “glowy” look lately. Check out my go-to tips and tricks below.
- Do without the “cat-eye”– I have a secret! I haven’t used eyeliner in months. Hard to believe, right? Since I have really small eyes, I got in the habit of using liquid liner to elongate them by sporting a cat-eye look. Eventually, I started to realize my eyes actually looked a lot bigger when I stopped wearing liner altogether and started using natural looking false lashes instead (Tip: you can get a pair of lashes for as cheap at $3 at your nearest drugstore). If you want a more permanent solution and don’t mind making the investment, you can get lash extensions (I’ve been getting mine done at The Lash Loft and am obsessed, highly recommended).
- Save the smoky eye for the winter or nighttime – Now that I’m going for this “no liner” look, I also decided to tone it back on my eye shadow. I wasn’t a huge shadow person to begin with, but would apply more of a smoky look for a night out. However, let’s face it, smoky eyes are great from time to time, but they are way too harsh for an everyday look. I love lining my lids with shimmery nudes and tans. I’m most recently obsessed with my Charlotte Tilburry Luxury Palette in “The Golden Goddess” shade.
- Highlight your cheeks – I’ve gotten in the habit of apply highlighter or illuminator on the very top of my checkbones and up/around the edges of my eyes. By doing this, the goal is to emphasize your bone structure and get that glowy look.
- Go for a nude or pink lip – I’ve been opting for a nude lip-look since the winter, but now that the weather is warming up a bit, I’ve incorporated some pink into the mix (Tip: mix pink and nude lipsticks together for the best of both worlds and a soft pink look). My current favorites are:
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m getting pretty sick and tired of being pale and having the world’s driest skin. As someone who suffers from eczema in the winter months, I’m always looking for ways to rejuvenate my skin after months of the harsh weather.
With spring around the corner, I’m enjoying plenty of “me time” as I amp up my beauty routine and prep my skin for shorts and miniskirt weather. So what’s my secret?
I recently was sent some NuBotanik Skincare Body Scrub with Coffeeberry in the pear scent to try out and let me just tell you – I’m obsessed! The scrub contains a unique blend of natural active ingredients and is made with Coffeeberry, which is extracted from the whole coffee fruits, that is loaded with antioxidants and skin beneficial compounds. Whole coffee fruit has been shown to have one of the highest levels of antioxidants that our skin and body need to stay and look healthy.
I absolutely loved the smell and texture of this unique product that exfoliated, rejuvenated and nourished my skin. Fun tip: it’s supposed to help reduce the appearance of those stretchmarks and blemishes we all hate so much.
I’m so excited to keep using this product so my skin is glowing just in time for summer. What’s your skin secret?
The harsh conditions of the winter tend to leave lips chapped, making it tough to master a smooth lipstick look. The solution? Rid your lips of dead and dry skin with an exfoliating scrub. Instead of purchasing a pricey one, dabble in a little DIY and make one yourself with this easy, all-natural, homemade sugar exfoliating lip scrub.
You will need:
- 1 tbsp brown or white sugar (I used brown sugar)
- Enough honey/olive oil or coconut oil to make the sugar stick together (I used honey)
- 1 small container
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl, adding honey/olive oil/coconut oil as needed
- With fingertips, rub the mixture onto your lips in a circular motion, loosening the dead skin and let sit for 30 seconds
- Using a damp washcloth, wipe off the mixture and apply chapstick of choice
- Wait 5 minutes and apply your favorite lip liner and lipstick look
For this look I used:
- Tom Ford Lipstick in Nude Vanille
- NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee-Natural
- Mac Lip Liner in Chicory