For those of you that don’t live in a city, can I just take a moment to remind you that you’re so lucky you have the ability to get in a car and hit the road. Don’t get me wrong, I love living in NYC, but I miss that feeling of having the music blasting, windows down, driving to an unknown destination. Instead, almost every single weekend of my summer is already planned, with train tickets already purchased. As New Yorkers, it’s basically our duty during the summer months to clear out and let the interns use the city as their playground for a few months while we enjoy nearby beaches.
If you follow me on Instagram (@publyssity) or Snapchat (alyssaamoroso), it’s clear to see that I’m always traveling during the summer months. In fact, my suitcase has doubled into a closet and my cosmetic case has become home to all of my essentials – like my makeup, personal care items, etc.
That said, I’ve actually found this method to be really helpful. I load my cosmetic case with everything I’ll need to get through the week, weekend or workday. I like having one case with everything vs. a million small bags with just some of my items. It’s easier for me to make sure I’m not forgetting to pack anything when I’m switching between carry-on luggage to tote bag to gym bag.
Keep reading to see some of the essentials I keep in my cosmetics case at all times:
- Try Baskin-Robbins warm cookie ice cream sandwich
- Find an awesome spring concert via TimeOut.com
- Go to a Mets or Yankees home game
- Go to the Bacon and Beer Classic in Queens on April 22-22
- Order Prosecco & Popsicles from Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar
- Run along the East River
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at a nearby bar
- Go to Brooklyn’s Smorgasburg when it reopens on April 6
- Head to the New York Auto Show between April 18-27
- Citi Bike everywhere
- Museum-hop during the Museum Mile Festival on June 10
- Walk The High Line
- Pick up fresh spring produce from an outdoor vendor
- Bar hop on Stone Street in FiDi
- Take the ferry over to Governors Island